Thursday, June 26, 2014

A NEW BIKE CIRCUIT IDEA IN THE HIGH PEAKS

I started road biking about a year ago and after taking on this new hobby I started to dream big. "Big" in road biking means longer distance rides. My longest ride so far has been only 29 miles but I have day-dreamed of how it would feel to accomplish a 50-mile or 100-mile ride?

Nevertheless I have really enjoyed road cycling because I can exercise while having a good time. Every ride feels like a mini adventure, especially when doing new routes.

So if a 100 mile ride wasn't a big enough dream, lets talk about 150+ mile circuit I just read about in the ADK Explorer. Ethan Rouen an avid cyclist and writer for the Explorer recently wrote about his high peaks circuit. The sense of accomplishment was not only in the miles but the fact that he hauled a bike trailer with gear as well as camped out every night in a tent. He and a friend completed this trip in 3 days.

I like this circuit route because it combines 2 passions: road biking and the Adirondack mountains. If you aren't hiking them then why not ride circles around them on bike!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment