Tuesday, March 24, 2015

HIKING PLAN 2015

Today was one of those days when I just couldn't help myself but look over some of the Adirondack peaks that I haven't hiked yet. In fact I created a list of those peaks, 26 left. Out of that list I noticed that there were some pairs that would make a good day trip as well as a couple stand alone's.



1. Colvin and Blake
2. Street and Nye
3. Sawteeth and Gothics
4. Tabletop
5. Esther

I hiked Gothics a couple of years ago with Lesya, my wife, via the southern approach (Beaver Falls). However, it would be nice to hike up the northern steep trail and experience the cables. 

Tabletop is more or less a stand alone and not too exciting of a peak on the way to Marcy. I have contemplated adding Tabletop to a Marcy hike but I would much rather add Gray peak on the other side because it is so isolated. 

A while back I thought it would have been a nice trip to do Esther and Whiteface but since I did Whiteface via car it doesn't make sense doing it again. Thus Esther is a stand alone for me.

I would probably have to do at least 3 trips in order to hike these 7 new peaks. Definitely looking forward to the later spring, summer, and fall to do some hiking. One of these years I will invest in some cold weather gear and do some winter hiking. 

Absolutely love the beautiful ADK! 

No comments:

Post a Comment