Monday, August 18, 2014

CAMP DAY #1 IN PHOTOS

After packing the car for several hours, we finally fit everything that we needed to bring to camp. I purchased a hitch-haul because we (a family of 4) already out grew our Honda Element for camping purposes. I had some serious concerns for the welfare of the vehicle after it was packed. The tandem kayak (yellow one) was also packed full with Tiki torches, camping chairs, and paddles. The poor kids had bags surrounding them. My wife had bags where her legs should have been. We were packed to the brim. 



After praying all the way to camp that we wouldn't get a flat or some other terrible thing happening we safely made it to Limekiln Lake State Campground. After checking in and setting up camp I decided to get the fire started. This was Adrian's first camping trip and he enjoyed every minute of it. The joy started with the first fire. He faithfully stood by the fire until it was burning well. And it did take a while because of the damp wood. I was grateful he just stood there and didn't try to help me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment