Thursday, June 20, 2013

FATHER'S DAY RIBS!

I think anyone that does a little cooking makes a decision from time to time to modify a recipe or completely just create one from scratch as you go. Last fall I helped my mom cook some ribs on the grill and I have never prepared them with that recipe that I used nor did I cook them in such a fashion. Everyone that tried them last fall really enjoyed them and so when my mom asked me to help cook the ribs on the grill I said sure, and thought I will do them just like I did last year.

It would have been nice to remember some important things like the ingredients used for the rub or where my mom actually purchased the ribs. Well since I couldn't remember these important details, I didn't expect the ribs to come out as good.

The ribs were purchased from a local store but they had a lot more meat on them then those last year. For the rub I had used some of my favorite ingredients from M.Mixon's recipes and see how it would taste. I also used the same marinade that Myron suggests for his ribs and it worked out well.

The ribs stayed in the marinade over night. I then applied my rub prior to setting them on the grill which included the following ingredients of: brown sugar, dry mustard, onion powder, garlic powder, kosher salt, black pepper, and smoked paprika.

On the grill, at medium heat, I had the ribs cook for about 30 minutes at 400 'F until they had some nice bark and grill marks. I then placed the ribs in a deep pan and covered them in Sweet Baby Ray BBQ sauce and set them into the preheated over set at 350'F. I cooked them for an additional 1.5 hrs until they were ready. I served them immediately.

Overall, I enjoyed the eating but they weren't the fall of the bone type of ribs that I really enjoy. However, the 3 full racks that I cooked were quickly licked up.

No comments:

Post a Comment