Wednesday, June 12, 2013

ADK EXPLORER UPDATE!


The next issue of the Adirondack Explorer Magazine came in the mail recently. I have to admit that it was the best reading out of the last three issues. It covered all of my favorite subjects such as hiking, biking, and paddling.

There were 2 excellent reviews for road biking routes in the ADK Park. One of them is shown in a photo below: a 48 mile ride around Whiteface Mountain. I have traveled that route before via car and can completely agree that it is very scenic but I never considered it as a good road bike route.



Another topic that I have seen discussed before but this time in greater detail is hiking the mountains via slides. Since the ADK MTS have been hit by hurricanes Floyd, Irene, and Sandy in the recent years, the size of the slides on several mountains have increased in size and new ones that were created. Since reading this article, I began to think that it would be a nice alternative option to climbing the peaks in the future some time. 

Overall I have been very pleased with the ADK Explorer magazine and the articles it had some far in the past 3 issues. 



No comments:

Post a Comment