Wednesday, April 16, 2014

BEAR DETERRENT!

After having a fair amount of black bear run-in's, several years ago I researched online for a black bear deterrent. I didn't want to get a personal firearm but it needed to be something that was light to carry and easy to use. UDAP BEAR DETERRENT was exactly what meet my expectations. This device has the following specs:
1. Formula 2.0% Capsaicin and related Capsaicinoids
2. 3.3 million heat units
3. 30-35 foot range
4. Fire extinguisher style spray pattern
5. Non-flammable
6. Highly visible fog
7. Comes with a carrying holster

There are other specs and they can be found at www.udap.com.

The downside of this device is that expires in 3 years and if the wind isn't in your favor than you may be the one running for your life with pepper in your eyes. 

Since I've purchased this product I haven't seen any bears nor had any serious encounters. And I hope to never encounter them any closer than I already have. It would be nice not to have any more bear stories, 4 is more than enough. 







No comments:

Post a Comment