Saturday, August 2, 2014

DINING IN KEENE VALLEY


After our Mount Giant and Rocky Peak Ridge hike in July 2014, my brother David, co-worker Nate, his friend Jim, and myself went out to eat at the Noonmark Diner located on Route 73 in Keene Valley. I have a vague recollection of eating breakfast there several years ago when I went hiking with some friends but nothing to confirm that memory. Upon entering the restaurant I immediately knew this was the place where we ate.

The diner is a very casual place, where you just walk in and find a place to sit. The setting is warm, inviting, and the aroma's were amazing. Something that caught my attention immediately was the pastries on displace as well as freshly baked pies neatly stacked on a bookshelf. There was also an ice cream stand off to the side.

With a big appetite we quickly ordered our food and drinks. While waiting for the food, I walked around the place. To my delight, there was a huge selection of pies but the one that really stood out was the Peach Crumb. They were also selling Oatmeal with Chocolate Chip Cookies. I also came across some homemade freshly baked 7 Grain Bread. So I came back to the table with my hands full of good stuff.

My brother and I ordered a Trailblazer Sandwich (steak shavings) with onion rings. It turned out to be a good choice because it was very delicious. Mug Root beer washed it all down, although a Saranac Root beer would have been better. For dessert we had the cookies with coffee.

The guys also had some ice cream which proved to be really good as well.

After I came home and had some pie, my family really enjoyed it. It turns out that they can be mail ordered on their website: www.noonmarkdiner.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment