Monday, April 30, 2018

SNOWMOBILING ON THE HILL 2018

The summary of snowmobiling on the hill will be very brief because of the poor winter conditions on the hill. I think that I can accurately say we had a short period of time when the ground was frozen. Between the 3 major thaws we had, followed by significant snow accumulation which created snow drifts over wet areas. One such event got me in trouble. 

On a positive note, my 4 year old son was old enough to wear his sisters helmet. We didn't go far but he enjoyed it.  



I was very excited a day after serious snow fall and decided to go for solo ride on a Sunday afternoon.  Once around a turn there was a big snow drift covering a portion of the 1 ft deep water hole in the photo below. It's always we there but if you go far to the left its never a problem. This time it wasn't far enough to the left. I spent the next 40 minutes shoveling snow/mud, breaking branches, and stuffing them under the track. After some serious rocking and spinning the track I was able to get out. I was a little wet but I didn't have to abandon the sled. 



March produced some great snow storms and the drifts were over 3 feet in some areas around the house. This created a great opportunity to make some small moguls/jumps for the sled. I can't say it created airborne moments but they were pretty close. 




And the newest and youngest member on the snowmobiling team was my youngest daughter at 1.5 years old. Going at 1 mph was exhilarating enough for her to the point where she screamed and didn't want to get off. This made daddy happy. I have to admit my girls may be more interested then the only other boy.




Looking forward to the next season of more snow and greater fun with the entire family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment