Friday, November 9, 2018

SMOKED FISH CREAM CHEESE SPREAD

A few years ago, I had the opportunity to do some porgy fishing off the coast of Massachusetts. I smoked some fish and we had so much left over, I had to get creative. After getting a couple ideas online, I decided to create my own spread. 

Earlier this year, my friends went fishing and had a great catch, so I a few extras that they had. After smoking the fish I decided to make some spread once again. 



THE RECIPE:

1       Whole smoke porgy fish (may use any smoked fish)
1-2    Tbsp cilantro chopped (may use dry cilantro flakes as substitute--eyeball amount)
1        Tsp black pepper (titrate to likeness)
1        Pinch of kosher salt (may omit if fish is salty)
1        Tbsp lemon/lime juice
2+      Splashes of Tabasco sauce (titrate to likeness)
1        Small onion chopped
4-5     Tbsp cream cheese (1Tbp = 0.5 oz)
3-4     Tbsp mayo

Place all ingredients into a food processor and blend well. At this time it is good to try the spread and see if you would like to add more things like: pepper, cilantro, Tabasco sauce, onion, or even fish. 

This year I added a bit more fish then previous years and it turned out really good. 

It's a great snack in between meals or when watching a game on TV. It goes faster than you know it!

Enjoy! 
        

No comments:

Post a Comment