Wednesday, April 10, 2013

NEW FISHING SEASON 2013


I have been hearing from some of my fishing friends that the trout season has begun in full swing in Upstate New York. I have never gone trout fishing before so I began to do some research. I spoke to some of my friends about the techniques and equipment needed. I also spent some time researching different dry/wet flies that trout like. Quickly did I realize that I probably shouldn't get into fly fishing just yet.

The next plan was to go Dick's Sporting Goods and get a few more things that I will need to start trout fishing. It wasn't much: PowerPro 6lb test line, a some light split shots, small hooks #12/ #14. Walking though the Rooster Tails isle I got some just to see if this is something that I will try. As I continued to browse the isles, I came across the above fishing bag that was on clearance. I was in need of something better that a shoulder bag with fishing gear it so I got my first fishing bag.

Coming home and getting it organized was a different story. It was worth the effort because it all nicely organized.

Next assignment will be to find a nice day to go trout fishing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment