Thursday, April 11, 2013

TROUT FISHING SUCCESS!

There is a first time for everything. Although I didn't start fishing yesterday, there are still new things in fishing for me. Certain times of the year fishing goes towards the top of the priority list. I really wanted to try trout fishing this year. And so I have.

Location: Nine-Mile Creek in Lakeland, NY
Weather: Partly cloudy, high 50's
Fish: caught 3 browns, lost 3; ended up with 4 when another fisherman gave his only one to me when leaving.

Overall impression: If trout are plentyful in the area and the weather conditions are great then it's pretty easy catch. I thought it was going to be more challenging, but they didn't put up a big fight like bass for comparison. Nevertheless, it was fun to get out and do some new fishing. Will definitely do it again. I hope to get some bigger fish next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment