Thursday, September 12, 2013

MY BROTHER'S ACCOMPLISHMENT!

A few weeks ago I wrote about the 10 years that have quickly gone by since I made my first hike in the Great Adirondack Mountains. Then there was a post about my future trip and the hike that was planned. To make the long story, short, I never went on the planned trip due to a death on my wife's side of the family. But the good news is that my brother and his 3 friends still went on the trip.

They had a great trip overall and had made great hike to the summit of Mt. Marcy. The interesting thing was that when I had first climbed Marcy 10 yrs ago, it was during the same weather conditions as they did. SEE PICTURES BELOW.


It has been a very rainy summer and the rain doesn't look like its going to let up for the fall. So most of the hike was in intermittent  rain showers. The summit was viewless because of the dense clouds. Nevertheless they had made the long 15 mile trek from Meadow Springs Rd. Now they must do Marcy again to get the awesome views that it provides.





No comments:

Post a Comment