Tuesday, September 17, 2013

THE QUESTION: TO HUNT OR NOT TO HUNT 2013?

Over the past 2 years I have not gone hunting in the fall for whitetail deer. Although I didn't hunt, my younger brother did and successfully harvested deer every season, thus providing the tasty delicacy of venison.

Reasons for not hunting previous years:
1. Too busy with house projects
2. The kids are really young
3. Started salmon fishing when it runs in the river
4. Didn't have enough time to practice with the now or shotgun
5. Super busy with church projects and church ministry
6. There may have been other reasons that I can't think of right now

Looking at the above reasons, truthfully this year leading up to this hunting season has not been any different and those very same reasons stand strong. 

The additional reasons may be the following:
1. My son is the new addition to the family.
2. Picked up a new hobby and form of exercise--road biking.

I suppose the gun and bow will have to stand in storage another year and hopefully I will use them next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment