Sunday, October 27, 2013

MY BROTHERS HUNT

This year I feel like my brother and I established some outdoor hobby roles. For the past 3 years in a row I decided not to hunt due to lack of time and proper practice. On the other hand it's been my third year successfully fishing salmon in the fall. For the my brother it's his third successful year of hunting. First year it was a nice trophy 8-point buck, second year a large doe, and this year a nice size doe. Not so much fishing, with the exception of their private pond.

So now my freezer is slowly filling up with chicken (butchered 12 in July), venison, and now salmon. This also means there will be a lot of mean smoking as the fishing and hunting seasons come to a close in the near future. Although we don't solely depend on this food as a means of survival, it does remind me of one of my favorite shows, ALASKA: The Last Frontier or Yukon Men. It's been an exciting  fall so far. 

Some great recipes and photos coming in the near future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment