Saturday, July 13, 2013

ADK 46ER-TO-BE


A few years ago I was inspired to conquer the 46 ADK high peaks and I had made a goal to, Lord willing, do all 46 by age 46. On one of the trips to Lake Placid, my wife and I discovered patches of the all of the high peaks. So I decided to purchase a few of the ones that I have hiked. Originally I had planned to purchase the patches as I hike the peaks. Later I came across the patches sold in bulk, so I decided to get them all at once. Then it occurred to me that these patches are just going to sit in my desk and only be displayed when I have hiked the mountains.

After some thinking, planning, and some more planning, I decided to design a display canvas to hold all of the patches. It was fun but it took longer than anticipated. However, I really like the end result  and its hanging in my office. So now its even more inspiring because I see it everyday, several times a day.

I keep track of the peaks that I hiked at peakery.com. The link to my page is on the right column under websites.





No comments:

Post a Comment