Friday, July 19, 2013

AMAZING GOURMET BURGER!

Recently after watching The Chew show, I wanted to try out the grilled onion burger by Michael Symon. I really enjoyed making it because it was simple and delicious.

This was a new style of making burger for me, on the grill pan. I purchased my grill pan at Home Goods. I made sure it was big enough to fit a few burgers just in case we had company over sometime. 

The ground beef required only salt and pepper for seasoning and then made into balls to fit the palm of the hand. Set those aside. Caramelize some onions on the grill pan and separate out into small piles. Place the burger meat on the onions and flat them with a spatula. They can be thinner or thicker depending on the size of your bun. Cook the meat for 2 min or so and then flip. After you flip them the onions will be on top and you can place a slice of cheese if you wish.

Spread a thin layer of mayo on the bun and grill them directly with low heat. By the time the buns are done, the meat will finish cooking. Remove the buns and then take the burger and place into the bun. I like to have some pickles and ketchup on mine. Eat immediately and you will probably ask for more! 






No comments:

Post a Comment