Thursday, January 1, 2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2015!

Happy New Year 2015 to all of my blog readers! Thank you for reading up on all my outdoor adventures in 2014. I had a great time enjoying the great outdoors and looking for to many more this year. I hope that you have an awesome and blessed 2015.

Some things to look forward to:

HIKING: As my kids are getting older, my wife and I are hoping to get out more to our beloved Adirondack mountains and continuing to check off the 46er list. I have 26 more hikes to accomplish in the next 16 years before I'm 46. My wife has 37 more to hike as well. Maybe we can even out the hikes this year a little more.

KAYAKING: After my last kayaking trip down the Tioughnioga Creek, I have only done the middle section. I would love to go back and do the beginning and end as well. I would like to revisit the Onondaga Creek in the spring as well with some friends. And there is the kayaking at our annual camping trips.

BIKING: This past year I hyperfocused on road biking and didn't do any mountain biking. But it would be nice to revisit some of the old mountain biking spots and maybe even check out some new ones.

 FISHING: I have yet to go and do some Steelhead fishing. Maybe this year will be the year when it will happen. Then there is always salmon fishing in the fall.

FOOD: If you haven't noticed I love to smoke fish and all the good meats. I learned some new things about salmon smoking this past year so I hope to put into practice some new techniques. I'm hoping to continuing cooking, especially after a some recent inspiration from people at my workplace.

TRAVEL: Our family has 2 trips planned in the new year. A trip to Hawaii has been on our list for many years and we are hoping to finally take this trip later this year. We have also always wanted to visit our national capitol, Washington D.C. Plus we will have our annual camping as well.

As our kids get older, it is fun to see them begin to enjoy more and more of our adventures together as a family. I really grateful for a wonderful family that loves adventure especially in the outdoors. I'm also grateful that they allow me to get away occasionally to enjoy the outdoors on my own or with friends.

Happy reading to all of you!


No comments:

Post a Comment