Thursday, January 15, 2015

INDOOR ROCK WALL CLIMBING


My first rock wall climbing was at the local Jewish Community Center. The height and challenge was sufficient for the first time but it was a little on the shorter side. I remember wearing the harness but the approach shoes weren't available.



At the Camp-of-the-Woods indoor rock wall, I was impressed at the height and overall size. It was nice to have serveral of staff helping multiple people which expedited the climbing process. The climbing guides were also helpful in instructing how to climb and choosing the better route. I had forgotten how much wrist strength climbing required. On the first climb I choose a slightly more challenging route but it was fun to make it to the top.


For the second route I chose an expert one with an overhang to get a feel for it. I quickly failed the challenge at the overhang. My wrists were the first to give and I had to let go. And this concluded my rock wall climbing. It was actually a lot of fun and it would be nice if there was professional wall in Syracuse.




No comments:

Post a Comment