Wednesday, May 11, 2016

A SLED WITH A MOTOR!

As most know, Syracuse has a pretty good track record for snow accumulation every winter. The lake dump on average, 120 inches. The extreme outliers  of minimal or excessive snowhave been rare. This past winter we experienced minimal snow due to unusual El NiƱo weather pattern. And so of course this was the year that I bought a snowmobile. After purchasing the sled, I had to wait 2.5 months, well into winter, before I could even get it out of the garage. On the other hand I only spent $45 on gasoline.  

Sled: 2003 Polaris Classic Touring




I was set up very nicely for a snowmobile because I have an easement that goes right up to my garage in the back. This gives me easy access to the snow. There is a farmers field that starts at the end of the easement. With 2 gas stations within a 1.5 mile radius, there is easy access to gas, and they are both snowmobile friendly. 



Getting out in the snow for the first time with Lesya and the kids was a lot of fun. The first longer trip that we took together was all the way down to lower Bussey Rd. Meanwhile I took the kids up the the field and we went round it a few times. Adrain was hesitate at first and then he wanted to continue riding. Later he would ask if we could go in the back to ride. Alexis enjoyed a ride to grandma's via the trails. 




I did enjoy doing a couple more longer rides with my brother David and brother-in-law Roman. In fact the longest ride I did this past winter was to Route 20 in Lafeyette. 




Although the riding season was short, new memories were created and it was time well spent. We are looking forward to the coming winter when the snowfall will be more consistent. In fact I would just settle for an average winter as long as there is snow. 

FIRST SLED RIDE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxEU3nAFYCQ

EXTENDING THE RIDE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SO0VDXHuk8

No comments:

Post a Comment