Wednesday, April 15, 2015

ALASKAN AIRLINE THERAPY

Our departure from Oregon started really early in the morning, 0634. There is nothing fun about getting up at 3 am with 2 kids. Up to this point in all my travels I have need flown Alaskan and so it was definitely a new experience. The first thing that I notice when we got to the gate was that we were at ground level. And while watching the planes pull into their respected gates I realized that we will probably have to walk outside and then board the plane via stairs. And sure enough we had DH4 plane that had these huge propellers.


Once on the plane, the flight attendant advised us to make sure that something was placed in the overhead baggage compartment or else there would be increased vibration and therefore noise during the flight. So I threw some sweaters and hoodies up there. 

Well the "therapy" (white noise and vibration in the seat) started as soon as we started moving forward before take off. The humming/whining noise and vibrating seat therapy lasted for the duration of the flight. I quickly noticed that some passengers were "lights out" in a few minutes after take off but there were a lot more who looked quite irritated because of all the noise. Our kids took a nap as well so I guess it worked positively for them. For me on the other hand, I couldn't wait to get off and made a mental note not to fly on a DH4 plane again. 

I did enjoy watching the sun rise. 




Flying to Oakland, we did fly over San Francisco. For few seconds I was able to see the Golden Gate bridge and Alcatraz but its difficult to appreciate them from the photo's below. 



We also passed over many grassy hills, that had thousands of sheep on them, but once again difficult to appreciate from the photo below. 


No comments:

Post a Comment