Tuesday, April 14, 2015

NW 23rd AVENUE PORTLAND, OR


A few years ago when we last visited Portland, OR, we went downtown to walk around the mall and did some window shopping. This time around our niece and nephew took us to NW 23rd Ave. where there are many cafe's, stores, and restaurants. According to my niece this place has many unique places to eat because they are not chain restaurants. 

The kids came across this cow sculpture and the first thing that they did was pretend to milk the cow.

It was lunch time so we decided to eat out at Little Big Burger. At first glance this place reminded of Five Guys because of the simple style and very short menu. It was Friday afternoon so the line was a bit long and but the wait wasn't to bad.  



The burger and truffle fries were delicious. But because I love burgers and fries, and really tasty food in general, I was a bit disappointed in the overall taste. Both the burger and fries didn't quite impress me. Therefore, Five Guys is still my perferred choice if I had to choose between the two. 

On the other hand, my wife and kids really enjoyed the fries and their homemade ketchup and fry dipping sauce. 


On our way to the car we also stopped by an ice cream place called Salt & Straw. My brother-in-law, Roman, highly recommended this place last he visited because they have unique flavors such as Arbequina Olive Oil, Pear & Blue Cheese, and Strawberry Honey Balsamic with Black Pepper. 


I had to agree that the ice cream flavors were definitely unique in taste but several of them had one overwhelming ingredient taste for me. Therefore I chose a sundae called Berries and Dumplings. It came in a small glass mason jar with a dumpling on the bottom, topped with several different berries, and then topped off with Vanilla ice cream. The dumplings and berries were warmed up. Overall the taste was amazingly delicious. 



My wife had Pear & Blue Cheese and really enjoyed it. The kids also really enjoyed theirs. 


No comments:

Post a Comment