Saturday, May 4, 2013

SMOKING WOOD TYPES

I would like to talk about the types of wood that I have used in the past and those that I am excited about using in the future. All of the wood that I have used I have purchased in Bass Pro. You can purchase it many online places in bulk as well or you can go and chop it yourself.

My all time favorite so far is Apple Wood. I have smoked chicken, sausage and ribs with it an it pleases me very much. There is something about fruit wood that makes it taste well. Some say it's the sap in the wood and others say its something else. But it's good stuff.

Second favorite is Cherry Wood.

Third favorite is Hickory Wood.

I have even tried some interestingly flavored wood like Jack Daniel's; which is wood taken from barrels that contained Jack Daniel's.

I can't wait to use Peach Wood, because I have watched way too much of BBQ PIT MASTERS and the 3 time World BBQ Champion Myron Mixon uses it all the time. That's the only wood he uses for everything because he likes the taste and it's ready available in good ol' southern Georgia.

Also looking forward to using Mesquite Wood because it is commonly used for big meats like brisket, pulled pork, and others.


No comments:

Post a Comment