Tuesday, October 7, 2014

ADIRONDACK VACATION DAY #6

After doing my first bike ride on vacation, I was ready to ride longer and check out other places around the lake. Google maps came in handy and I found a nice loop that was around 30 miles long at the northern part of the lake.

The weather started out in the mid 60's and 13 miles into the ride I need to stop and remove the sleeves from my jacket because the temperature had risen to the low 70's.

Most of the ride was along the northern and southern shore of the lake. Although there wasn't a great change in elevation there were plenty of winding roads and short hills.

At the half-way mark I crossed a bridge that connected the two shores. I had to stop to enjoy the views and take a few photos.

Majority of the ride provided spectacular views of the surrounding hills in partial foliage as well as beautiful lakeside homes. Some parts of the ride appeared as though they were taken out of a European lakeside town.

I had my GoPro running for parts of the ride to capture the nice scenery.


Later in the evening we enjoyed another bonfire and more smores.







No comments:

Post a Comment